Sunday, June 24, 2007

One more week...

No exciting Hawaiian adventures this weekend - I have finals this week. Since it's an accelerated class, I'll have exams Monday, Thursday and Friday, and in the midst of all of that, we are learning new material as if it is a normal week! So Kris and I met up for fondue and Ocean's Thirteen last night, which doesn't really make interesting pictures. We made a Jamaican hot pot - it was pretty fantastic. The very helpful fruit guy at the Foodland a) found out for us what "garam masala" was and b) gave us sample slices of delicious tropical fruits - what a pleasant trip to the grocery store (I think he thought we were secret shoppers)! Kris ended up crashing on the sofa, and she'd brought some of her famous banana bread, so we had delicious breakfast before she hopped back into her rumbly blue Jeep for the drive back to the other side of the island.

The second half of class starts on the 2nd of July, so next weekend is my weekend of freedom in between; Kris is headed to Iowa for a wedding, but I am planning to spend a good chunk of it lounging up on the North Shore with some *pleasure* reading.

--jess

No comments: