Monday, June 04, 2007

Koko Head

This was probably one of the toughest hikes I have ever done, but I am proud to say Kris and I conquered the master of all stairmasters! The picture doesn't do it justice; just imagine a stairway made of old rotting railroad tie that goes a mile up to the top of a mountain, no winding, no gradual inclines, no meandering. Oh, and did I mention the part where the ground under the railroad tie goes from directly under the railroad tie to 20 feet under the railroad tie? This definitely isn't a good hike for squeamish people, but the views of Hanauma Bay, Waikiki, and whatever island is off the coast (Molokai?) are worth it.

Afterward, we swam and snoozed at Makapu, which became one of my favorite beaches on the island today; the water is warm and clear, and the surroundings are perfection. But I didn't post a picture because I didn't think I could come close to doing it justice.

--jess

1 comment:

Ms Nikki Nefarious said...

WOW!! That is gorgeous. And also you are awesome for making it that whole way...I doubt I'd be able to ever say the same.

Plus, I giggled, because Coco Head is Christian's nickname (he's had it since birth) it's just funny to picture you hiking across the top of his massive noggin :)