Friday, June 01, 2007

Quickie update

The bad thing about The Lieutenant getting promoted now is that I can't trek miles through the mountains to the grocery store in Mililani and tote back a backpack full of eggs, cake mix, frosting, and sprinkles to make him a cake, and then guilt trip him into saying he loves it!

I just submitted my CASPA application. CASPA is a generic PA program application that you can send to a bunch of different schools. I applied to George Washington University and to the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. PCOM is my second choice, even though the more I research osteopathic medicine, the more I like the idea. Of course GWU is my first choice because it works the best for Jeff and me - but it is a very competitive school from what I understand, so I am trying to be realistic. I still have to do a secondary application and pay even more money (GAH!) - I guess they're trying to make sure people are serious. You know a college senior is serious about going to GWU when he donates a kidney to get there! GWU's program also has an edge because they have an advanced surgical preparedness option that sounds really interesting.

Anatomy and Physiology has really become interesting and fun (after I was (somewhat) able to bypass the fact that my professor has little grasp of basic chemistry); it's the first time in ages that I've enjoyed learning something in a classroom. I have a big test today on bones.

--jess

No comments: