Monday, September 03, 2007

New old car!

In case you were wondering how on earth Jeff and I were managing to get him to work and me to school, we bought an old island beater last weekend. It's a light blue 1989 Toyota Camry with these fabulously ghetto rims that make it easy to spot amongst all the other old island-beater Toyotas on campus. The first day I tried to drive it into school, it didn't start. I imagine we probably could have gotten pretty annoyed by the fact that we'd just bought this vehicle and it didn't work, but I was able to bum a ride to campus with a neighbor, Jeff was able to pick me up, and after we replaced the battery, the car was just fine. Just a minor inconvenience. It doesn't have AC or a CD player or anything remotely fancy about it, but it goes, and at least now it doesn't smell strange.

--jess

No comments: