Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jeff Spotting - Cannes, France

The ship recently anchored off of Cannes, France for a Fourth of July celebration. Cannes is pretty enjoyable, although expensive, being on the French Riviera. After a couple of days of duty and participating in the reception aboard the ship, I was able to get out and explore the city and surrounding area, including a day trip to people-watch and drink coffee in Nice. Most of my time in France was enjoying the scenery and eating fantastic french food at outrageous prices. Unfortunately Jessica couldn't join me, but we'd love to arrange a trip out this way some day when we can explore at our leisure and not be chained (metaphorically) to a ship.

I have photos, but not the bandwidth to upload them. Therefore, they are forthcoming.

(Edit: I don't have any great shots of Cannes or Nice. The below picture is Howitzers on the Flight Deck with Cannes in the background)


-j

2 comments:

lrmatt5 said...

Just wanted to say hello- hope all is well on your ship! Can't wait to see some pics..

Jess said...

I want a picture of you chained to the ship!

--your wife