Sunday, October 04, 2009

Army Ten Miler

I ran in the Army Ten-Miler this morning (route displayed below). My watch time was 1:19:12, which is almost five minutes faster than my previous 10 miler. This time I don't feel beat, either, which means my training has been effective. I think I could have finished even faster, but with 30,000 registered runners, there was lots of dodging around to get ahead.



Jason and his buddy Andy also ran; I saw Jason between the 7 and 8 mile markers, and we ran together for a few minutes before I needed to pick up my pace. At the end, I met up with Kelly to look for Jason, but he was nowhere to be found.

My next race is the Marine Corps Marathon on October 25th. I'm shooting for under four hours, but I'll be happy to finish it. I'll let you know when I do.

-Jeff

No comments: